Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Break

So here we are on Spring Break and we are laying low at home.  I am totally enjoying it to.  The girls on the other hand are not to happy but so is life.

Ellie is doing great.  We went to the Dr. last week and she gained 5 lbs. and is looking awesome!!  Her diet has changed to letting her being able to eat what she wants with in reason. So at meal time we check her BG (blood glucose) and figure her carbs out in her meal. Then we plug these numbers into a nifty little formula the Dr. gave us and that will give us her insulin dosage.  Very cool if you ask me.  We did have some lows finally, and Ellie is doing very good by letting us know when she is feeling weird and shaky.  So we check her and then if she is low we give her some juice and she is back to normal!!  Ellie has also lost 2 teeth these week! She looks so fricken cute with out a front tooth!!


This Saturday the girls will be sleeping over at my sister's house.  It is the first time they have slept somewhere since Ellie was diagnosed.  I know it will be fine since she has given Ellie her insulin before.  My sister will have to give her the nighttime shot which only Tom or I have given.  I know it will be just fine.  Taylor will be there to supervise and let them know how we do things!! I am so blessed to have my kids who look out for each other! If we do anything exciting in the last few days of spring break I will be sure to share. Godspeed loves!! *hugs* Nichole xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment